BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty was driving the bm home from work and the abs stoppeed working and the light came on i thought ok maybe its just a sensor i'll check it when i get home so i went to check it later and the light had gone off then the next day i started the car and the light was off but after a wee while of driving the light came back on again i saw in another thread it could be the abs module needing soldered but i started it today with the engine at operating temp and the light was off then again tonight i started driving the car with the engine up to temp the light was on but after a few minutes of driving it went off when ever the car is cold the abs works fine but a soon as it heats up the light is on and the abs stops working to be honest if it wasnt for the light i probably wouldnt have noticed untill i would have had to slam the anchors on any thoughts to this shenanigan to be honest combined with a few other faults ive been having recently im starting to think my ecu is playing silly buggers on me any ideas

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Get the codes read for the ABS, it may just be a sensor problem seeing as it sounds like it happens after some time into the journey(mileage).

Also up to 5/1996 they had a problem with the ABS relay so may be worth looking into. Relay can be found in fuse box, it's a greyish colour.

Also look here http://tinyurl.com/8dlt5s

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im ressurecting an old thread

i finally got the car to the garage to get the codes read and the machine came up with
left front speed sensor
left front speed sensor
right front speed sensor

the left one did come up twice but when the cove tried to clear the codes they wouldnt go away they just kept coming back up and the light wouldnt go off

the mechanic reconed there wa a broken wire somewhere and that was causing the code to keep coming up

any ideas to this issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts