BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
is it the bit on the backbox before the black bush? or the bit what goes on the bottom of the car then down?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
i think its a bolt what comes down the floor bit in that case then its welded on, well i think so. tbh i cant rember that well.
how you manage to snap that? taking the exhaust of ;)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Have they snapped off flush or is there some still sticking out? If they're flush, drill them out with a smaller drill bit than the bolt and invest in a tap and die set.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?rlz=1T4GGLS_enGB402GB403&q=tap+and+die+set&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=2739260568882847702&ei=MLUwTb3AGZO2hAfp3LG6Cw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CC4Q8wIwAQ#

This is cheap and the bolts are m-8 iirc.
thats very cheap.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a tap/die set already ;)

Not what I wanted to hear to be honest :hihi I thought the bolt might have the spline type fitments to stop it turning, would save me having to drill the bugger out and instead just hammer them into the boot floor from under the car.

Kevin - I should have taken the back box off at the bolts through the rubber mounts, but they looked more rusty than the ones on the underbody :rofl Can't win with old cars..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts