BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know why my 1996 E36 318i auto cant seem to know what gear to be in and when pulling up to junctions cant seem to select the correct gear to pull away in i.e it doesn't change down ready. Not until you rev it does it seem to engage in gear and drive. It seems to be getting progressively worse and i need help quick please?

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Anyone know why my 1996 E36 318i auto cant seem to know what gear to be in and when pulling up to junctions cant seem to select the correct gear to pull away in i.e it doesn't change down ready. Not until you rev it does it seem to engage in gear and drive. It seems to be getting progressively worse and i need help quick please?
Please Read the posting rules

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f74/bimmerforums-uk-forum-guidelines-t2257/

I have retitled and moved this seeing as its your first post...

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi am having the same problem with my 1991 e36 318 auto. how do i top up the gearbox oil as the filler cap is under the car? which tool do i need? or is it easier to take it to a garage?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i called my local bmw dealers and they what to know which type of gearbox i have before they can sell the gearbox oil and give price. I called euro cap parts and they managed to give me a price by the number plate. Will i get problems if i use the oil from euro car parts? as i dont know which auto gearbox i have on my car. its a 1991 e36 318. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.