BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys sorry if this dont go right but im not very good with a computer:sarcastic
I have a 318 1996 coupe and the alarm is out of seqence,when i press the fob it dissarms the alarm and unlocks the doors but when i press it again it only turns the alarm on so i have to lock the car with the key,does anyone have a solution thanx:confused

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Hi guys sorry if this dont go right but im not very good with a computer:sarcastic
I have a 318 1996 coupe and the alarm is out of seqence,when i press the fob it dissarms the alarm and unlocks the doors but when i press it again it only turns the alarm on so i have to lock the car with the key,does anyone have a solution thanx:confused
Hi there,

I have moved this thread to the alarm forum as it will get better replies there :thumbsup

Is it a standard BMW alarm? with the stock keyfob?

have you replaced the keyfob battery lately? If not I suggest doing that as a first suggestion because low batteries in the remote can cause all sorts of gremlins....

it 'may' not fix it but on the other hand it may! and its a good start to process of elimination :thumbsup

if you post a picture of the fob if you struggle to get into it I will tell you how to open it ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts