BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one guys on my way in a friends car to pick up some angel eyes from a shop, they also have HID kits and I am very tempted does anyone no wot bulb fitment I need? Much appreciated. Also has anyone got angel rings with delensed headlights? Cheers guys

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks got H1 bulbs, got my hids and angel eyes for 70 quid pretty good me thinks and threw in White side light bulbs :) really want to delence my headlights can I do this with hids and angel eyes???

·
Registered
368 Posts
De-lensing with HID's and Angel-eyes probably wouldn't be a good idea. For 1, the lens helps to concentrate the main light beam a bit more. Besides, without lenses, where would you put the AE's??? they either clip into the back of them, or stick to the front...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Coupes are definately H1's would have thought saloons would be the same?
e46 models are H7, though some after market light dealers, don't seem to accept this.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well my wife's e36 touring had H1's same as my coupe, seems strange that BMW would then fit H7's to the saloons. Maybe someone doctored yours before you bought it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well my wife's e36 touring had H1's same as my coupe, seems strange that BMW would then fit H7's to the saloons. Maybe someone doctored yours before you bought it!
Not sure if they have been doctored ? they seem to be Bosh standard ones.. or where before i changed them to HID's with CCFL's... but deffo H7 fitment.. :hihi

·
Registered
272 Posts
OK, well clearly there is something strange happening, as both my coupe and my wife's touring both had Bosch lights aswell. If Billywizz is picking this one up, then hopefully he will be able to shed some light on this!(no pun intended)

·
Registered
442 Posts
E36 headlights are all H1's IIRC H1 = Single prong fitment. H7 = 2 prong fitment. And you should invest in Shrouds if you are fitting HID's

·
Registered
74 Posts
This has got me puzzled now so i have just looked at my owners handbook and it says H7 bulbs in there and also in the Haynes manual i have for the E36 saloon says H7... i did a google search and there appears to be plenty of people asking the same question who also have H7 fitment, but others saying H1.. .. confused.. :shifty:

·
Registered
171 Posts
have H1's in my saloon n pretty sure i always have

1 - 13 of 13 Posts