BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on 16's, what is the lowest drop kit I can fit without rubbing?? I have my eye on a 30mm drop kit at the moment but was wondering if I could go lower without the need to roll arches or fit smaller wheels.

·
Registered
201 Posts
All depends on the offset of your wheels generaly speaking you can go as low as u like on 16s people are running larger wheels with huge drops without any mods have alook at hottuning on the forum they do a deal on coilovers for members you can go from 30mm all the way up to 120mm i think but of you get coilys you need to get the shorter link rods or they will bend

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
30mm won't be a problem.. Go 100mm plus, your wheels won't scrub (possibly on the inside actually..:thumbsup) chassis rails could be a problem though..:shifty:

·
Platinum BFuk Member
220 Posts
My feeling is once the wheel arch cuts across the line of the tyre to me it looks like the car is out of balance. Must be worrying if ever you have to have two adults in the back.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
most of the time you can slam e36's without problems.... bar mine loves bushes!! eats them up for lunch :( edit and mine isnt slam'd just normal ish on coilovers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts