BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My boot leaks. This is where the hinge sits then water drips into boot.
Any ideas-its not going over rubber, just through joints.

Also I need new (Cheap) door windows seals..Are there any good places near Nottingham/off 'net?

And...(GRRRR) My front electric window stops working (seems to catch in door then come off 'rail??'

Any clues :mad

Andrew

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Door seals for the coupe are about £200 and ive looked all over the net and found none apart from the odd few on ebay

with the wondow crack off the door card and have a look insode to see whats causing it to jump

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Get a bit of thick-ish cord or rope and put that into the rubber "V" gap. This will raise the rubber and will hopefully seal the leak.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Get a bit of thick-ish cord or rope and put that into the rubber "V" gap. This will raise the rubber and will hopefully seal the leak.
might give this a try with mine

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is a guide on here for fixing the window fault. I now service all my E36 windows on each one I buy. I made the mistake of buying a new window mech on my old compact for it to do the same. A couple of hours ,some grease and some silicone spray and it should be fine. I dropped out the windows, cleaned the runners the window slides down and saturated in silicone spray then cleaned and re-greased the plastic sliders and the metal channel they run down on the window. Find the guide it is very detailed and extensive. A lot of people use new clips etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts