BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, first post (on behalf of my son :) )

He has the above car and is having intermittant wiper problems - (among other things). I have searched on here and it seems that the wiper module is the likely culprit. He has searched for it beneath drivers side trim but cant locate it.
Can someone tell us where it is located on this model?

thanks

Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK many thanks - have located behind glovebox. :)

There are 2 modules that both come up as wash-wipe modules when I do a search

Could anyone say which is the correct unit - or is there 2 ?

cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do any of them click when the wipers are put on? Or do they not work at all?
Car not here at the moment so can't check which module clicks - wipers work most of the time - just pack in intermittantly and then he has to turn ignition off and back on again to kick back into action.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Hi mate. The guys helped me on here a couple of weeks ago with the same problem. The module is the one on the right hand side closest to the drivers A pillar. It is next to the central locking module. If you press the door locks with the door open and put your hand on the boxes you will feel the locking module click. Ill Photo the location and post an attachement for you tomorrow when im at work. :thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Steve, I notice your car is a 1992. I'm pretty sure they changed the location to the passenger side behind glovebox when the EWS was introduced. I'm sure My M wiring loom has it located here and my 318is loom was where you mention. Also my 1996 Touring is behind glovebox. I can double check this:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.