BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that when driving along at either a steady speed (any speed) or whilst accelerating - I get a slight power increase and then decrease. Sort of fluctuating power, not very noticable, but still easily felt. Almost as if the throttle is being gently pushed down and then up in about half second intervals.

You cannot see this fluctuation on the rev counter - but it's still there.

Have just read the OBD and no faults stored.

Any ideas as to where I should start ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should also say that I have changed the vac pipe from rocker cover and does not make a difference. Also had a very good look at all the air hoses and connectors - all seem in good condition.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
How does the engine tick over at idle?

Have you checked the main pipe between the air flow meter and the inlet manifold carefully?

Also what's the MPG like?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idle is perfect at about 800 rpm - nice and smooth.

MPG not changed from usual.

Removed pipe and checked - no splits etc.

When the car is stationary, I can press the throttle and get the car to rev at say 2000 or 3000 rpm - after a second or two, and without me moving throttle, the revs will increase by about 100 rpm for about half a second, then go back 100 rpm.

Whilst driving it feels like your being towed by a elastic rope - constant cycling of power, on and off. Not sure I have described that last bit correctly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have been reading through the forums and was wondering if I should check / clean the ICV and MAF ?

Could anyone point me in the right direction please. i.e. Location of these devices and how to clean etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts