BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive recently bought a 136i coupe p reg only had it 2 days and the c/locking and alarm stoped working with the fob the c/locking will work with the key but the alarm dose nothing and the little red light inside the car dosnt come on anymore. ive changed the batterys in the fob and the light on the fob works but still not opperate the c/locking or alarm, the fob only has one button. any advice would be appreciated. thanks mark t 14

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks but i have checked the fuses in the fuse box under the bonnet, i dont no if there are anymore fuses anywhere on the car. cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ive had a look but i cant see a routine for codeing a key fob with only one button. cheers matk t 14.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i got the car i was told i was the original bmw alarm. it was working for the first 2 days i had it. thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks had a look again but still confused, it says turn key to position 1 5 times very quickley, then hold down lock button and press unlock button 3 times, thats 2 buttons, but mine only has 1 button. thanks again.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
That is the 3T system, Here is the quote from the guide...

"2T & 3T - These systems used on the E36 & E34 up to 1996 and have a static code. The 2T is an alarm only but the 3T is also an immobiliser. Both systems use the single button black or grey "Domino" type AC38 type fob that can only be programmed by a BMW Dealer/BMW Independent/Sigma Alarm Agent or you can buy your own programmer. Both siren types are clearly identifiable by a sticker. Fobs turn up regularly on eBay for around £10. A similar system that uses the same fob is fitted to some Subaru & Renault models and can be programmed via a plug-in keypad - This doesn't work with the BMW version as the Sigma programmer works by communicating with the module via the LED.
"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts