BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first issue is the abs light it came on about 3 weeks ago, after i had to slam the brakes on in the wet, someone pulled out on me, it took a long time to stop as well and din't feel normal, but i can't remember if it was the same before if you see what i mean. I've checked the fuses they are fine, the relays have seen better days so i'll replace those, but is there something more common that i don't know about?

And second, the power steering has a mind of it's own, the tracking is fine, if i hold the wheel straight it will go straight, however i can feel the power steering trying to yank the wheel to the left or right... usually the left, on the motorway it's a bit more noticable and it's like a fight to go straight sometimes, even when it's not tugging the wheel it's quite difficult to steer the right way, i mean if i turn it a little to the left it's hard to judge how much steer to use because i can't feel it and it's a bit loose... not sure if thats the steering rack or something else it's just wierd....

Main thing is that it tugs the wheel. Any ideas what it is? Needs bleeding or a new rack? The power steering pump was replaced about 3 months ago, it doesn't make any unusual noises i don't think.

Thanks...

Dan

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
ABS light is likely to be a wheel sensor. Theres a good guide on how to check them if you search the forum.

Has the steering been doing this since you replaced the pump or is it a new thing?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i'll check the forum and nope it was doing it before.. before i even got the car...

a mechanic changed the power steering rack before i started driving the car 7 months ago and it's been like it ever since. hasn't been to hard to handle but if i want to sell the car.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts