BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

When I lock the car, the interior tell-tale light (the red flasher in the centre console on the left to the gearbox) doesn't flash.

I have unplugged and plugged in the unit and still the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas??

Many thanks again,

BMW 840ci

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there Billy,

I basically have an immobiliser and alarm.

And inside there is a red light which flashes when you lock the car. However my red light doesn't flash.

BMW 840ci

·
Registered
105 Posts
Same-thing happened to me yesterday locked the car alarm led did not start flashing!!
looking through the manual under the alarm section you can disable the system when doing a total closure with the remote if you release the button and then press again to shut windows and sunroof rather than holding down when locking waiting 10 seconds for total closure, to reinstall alarm led just open and lock doors again.
I hope this makes sense and solves the problem.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi 732WKX,

Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have solved my problem & I think you have the exact problem as me!!

Under what page in the manual is it under? I would grateful to know.

Many thanks,

BMW 840ci

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi there 732WKX,

I had a look at page 34 and it doesn't really mention how to do a full reset. - That's what I'm after!!

I have even unplugged the flasher and plugged it back in and I still have the same problem.

What should I do next??

BMW 840ci

·
Registered
105 Posts
It sounds to me that IF your alarm is deactivating its self there is a problem with one of the door locks/windows/boot /bonnet/glove box or filler cap cover not being closed properly because any of them malfunctioning would cause alarm deactivating.
As far as i know there is not a user full reset because it automatically resets its self!
So i guess if your problem is intermittent some thing isn't closing correctly ,other than that BMW or some one with a diagnostic tool should be able to find the fault,
Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi All,

When I lock the car, the interior tell-tale light (the red flasher in the centre console on the left to the gearbox) doesn't flash.

I have unplugged and plugged in the unit and still the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas??

Many thanks again,

BMW 840ci
Hi all,

I still have not solved this problem nearly a year on, and am writing this so that it gets moved to the first page, and also so that some recent members of this forum can see this.

I would be very grateful if someone has an idea or knows how to fix the problem.

BMW 840ci

·
3,174 Posts
Check Fuse 31 in the Rear Power Distribution Box (above the jack) - this fuse is the supply to the red LED. If that is OK, use a multimeter to measure across the LED contacts, lock yourself in the car and arm the alarm - then check for a voltage across the contacts. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check Fuse 31 in the Rear Power Distribution Box (above the jack) - this fuse is the supply to the red LED. If that is OK, use a multimeter to measure across the LED contacts, lock yourself in the car and arm the alarm - then check for a voltage across the contacts. Let us know what you find.
Many thanks Timm. I will try this tomorrow and feedback, however I might need to buy a multimeter. :eek

BMW 840ci

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could it be just a broken led?
I'm not actually too sure, but at the time, (when i first got my 8) I did disconnect the led and re connect it, then locked the car and it worked. However, this didn't last so I tried to do the same again and it never worked again. Maybe it's a fuse this time -I hope so as this will be an easy fix. However, my instinct is telling me that it probably isn't this straightforward.

Thanks for your help. I wish you all the best in 8 hunting.

BMW 840ci

·
3,174 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts