BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've been having problems with my 328 recently it just decided to rev right up to about 3500 revs and back to idle after about 2mins after starting and it just hunts like mad had it scanned for faults and the only codes in system was coolant sensor fault so I replaced the coolant sensor and still no change I was then advised that the iac valve could cause this so I replaced the valve still no change I start the car it's fine for a couple of mins then starts hunting like mad I have since found that if I disconnect the iac valve it doesn't hunt so I know it's the valve causing it to rev like mad but it's brand new so I wondered if any one else had any experience with a problem Like this any help would be greatly appreciated thanks John

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, are all the rubber tubes around the air mass sensor in good nic'? I had a similar problem at low speeds with my 318 it just jumped up and down the revs, found a few tears in the tubing, glued em up and it solved it. Not sure if this can cause a similar problem on idle, but must be worth a check.
Cheers, Patrick

·
Registered
204 Posts
If it hunts then check mass air flow meter and cold start valve and def ANY of the pipes that may be split on the side after mass air flow meter that would def cause hunting,good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts