BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since leaving my 740i on the drive undriven for a couple of months the soft close boot doesn't work or pop up with the remote anymore.

The passenger door also seized shut & I had to take the door card off & free the lock.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would take the car and get the codes read, it could be something quite simple, even needing the hydraulics being bled possibly.

Also could you remember to add the vehicle details in the thread title next time as per forum rules please, they have been done for you this time. It makes it far easier for people looking up help for their own problems or conversions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
U probably left ur car unused for a while and the frost got to ur battery, so whn u opened ur boot and shut it thn it wouldnt shut correctly due to battery. If u hav a spare key u will need it so whn u start up the car one key is in the ignition and the over key to play with the key hole on the boot. After u hav played about with it, shut the boot and it shud close smoothly making that noise. Hope this helped u?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U probably left ur car unused for a while and the frost got to ur battery, so whn u opened ur boot and shut it thn it wouldnt shut correctly due to battery. If u hav a spare key u will need it so whn u start up the car one key is in the ignition and the over key to play with the key hole on the boot. After u hav played about with it, shut the boot and it shud close smoothly making that noise. Hope this helped u?
I'll give that a try, hope it works as I won't be taking it to any garages.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put a new battery on the other day, had a mess around with the key & now it works fine.

These cars don't like sitting around thats for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts