BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had a broken rear spring about 3-4 years ago and I replaced both. Now I have found a rear spring has gone again, the mot is due In about a month and i have started to wonder about lowering springs/coilovers but only about a 20mm drop as it is still a family car that occasionally is filled up with luggage and roof box a couple of times a year. I have read some claims from spring manufacturers that under a 30mm drop and new shorter shocks aren't needed and I don't know how old the shocks are but I have not replaced any myself and I have had the car almost 7 years and the car has 130,000 miles on it. I would like a small drop in height but nothing silly. A decent fix Is most important.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
go for eibach pro springs for a very small drop and bilstein shocks either b4's or buy the b8's and springs together as part of the B12 pro kit . These will transform your car for the better but be prepared to sort other suspension niggles at the same time as old e39's are notorious for them.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yaeh B12 Pro kit way to go.
I have fitted to my 325TI, comfort and sport feeling in one waauw!

Looks quality build, only beware to buy sme OEM parts to make kit ready to install!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts