BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is driving me bonkers now.

ive recently changed the engine in my 328. not a pleasent expreriance but still.

now the rev counter and avg fuel thing under neath worked before i took it all apart. so did the temp gauge come to think of it before i did it( thats another thread)

now its just not fuctioning. any ideas? i took out the old engine and swapped every thing over manifolds loom etc.

what controls these which connections should i check? ive given it the once over and cant see any thing ive missed but if i could target the areas they pick up off it, may make it simpler to do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah but which ones?

after playing with the temp gauge problem i now have it making a very short attempt and appearance.

i have now manange to do the binical test and it all checks fine.

suggestions please.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok after playing around a bit today ive pulled all the fuses mentioned above and still no joy so ive had it put on the computer cleared all the faults prob from the replacement or old engine not being the same and progress has been made.

rev/fuel and temp all now work now its reset and it not picking up any errors on the computer.

however it now itermitantly drops off or goes eratic. ive read lots of posts on here so it seems like a common fault.

any one please now how to cure it??

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Possible wiring problem or more likely the cluster is knackered, did you have to jump start the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no the battery went flat due to being out of use. recharged the battery whilst i did the engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok didnt even get time to play with the connections today by the time i got around to thinking about it they had packed up again.

rev not working
fuel not working
service lights all constantly on.

it seems like its causeing the ecu to float. so i have now got to go and get it freed up...

which connectors components does the rev and fuel run off? where are the specific connectors in the engine bay. its the only place ive been.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts