·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the car is starting to piss me off no end now

when i first bought it it was running on std 15" wheels and was tramlining bad

so bad it scared the life out of me

slapped some 18" wheels on with 225 tyres and yep it got worse

took it to ats for the tracking to be done and the techie wanted to check a few things first and said the lower arm bushes are shot and said everything else was fine (he spent about 20 mins under the car with a bar checking for play ect)

i put some power flex bushes on and still same but got the tracking done it was 5 deg out

wow was a different car for a while now its just as bad as before lol

some times when i pull up to a junction slow while on the brakes are on i can feel the steering pulling into any dip on the road

and when the road has a lot of small bumps together it feels like some thing is lose and there is a slight kinda rattle/knocking from the front

looks like i will have to get it looked at again got a feeling the rack is knackered or mabe inner tie rods

any ideas?

ah just a thought i had exactly the same type of handling probs on a laguna i had the strut top mout bush was shot and the strut was moving around this is what it feels like but the bushes look ok

thanks

·
Banned
478 Posts
have you have the balljoints checked for play?? The best way to check these is lifting the car up and wobbling a front wheel by hand and watching the balljoints for movement,

A worn top mount will cause movement aswell, these will need to be checked...

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
the 225 width tyres will follow ruts and cambers...mine do and i'm confident that my car handles as well as its able to.
ATS are not the best people to be aligning your suspension angles...how far are you from demon tweeks?
i would recommend you get the car 4 wheel aligned at a place that knows what they are talking about ;)
the rattles over a series of small bumps sounds like worn drop links tbh...a cheap n easy fix :)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
What powerflex bushes did you buy? (i'm assuming you just got the front control arm bushes???)

Fwiw, mine car was wandering a bit, but I did all the joints, links, track rods, bushes, mounts and shocks & springs in 1 go front & rear. The car's been beyound amazing ever since as rides shockingly well even with 225/45/17 wheels/tyres across any surface thats thrown its way. (All the small bits like links/bushes/rods/mounts etc are inexpensive).

I would say 99% that its your front or rear bushes/links/joints at fault. The only way to see what the problem is to have an independant garage take a look and really inspect every item turn by turn. You will most likely find that its not just one or two bsuhes, but a combination of suspension components with slight deterioration, once combined together causing the issues you have.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advise guys iwill get time to get some 1 have a look monday,
ats just checked things i got the tracking laser alined at an indie
the front has had new wishbones and the rear
cant see any play when the car is jacked up must be when the car is under load

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.