BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the old girl sat nice and lower (40mm front 30mm rear) on a set of lowering springs and standard 15" wheels for a while now, and whilst its made quite a difference, there is still a little too much body roll for my liking. What is the cheapest way of eliminating as much of this as possible? I was thinking about buying a set of lower priced sport shocks which should be stiffer, but will they work that much? Anything else that would do instead of shocks?

Funds are, as always, low! I dont need top end gear because I don't race her about too much.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Better shocks will make a difference, if you are still on the original items then they will be pretty weak by now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What about coilys?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
im using £200 fk coilovers and i must say my 318is is alot more better around corners etc now :D shocked because its a cheap kit.
also powerflex will help.
also good tyres ;)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Strut Brace for the front ? and maybe one for the rear as well ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
the roll is caused by the unloaded side of the car to lift, using shorter shocks and a stiffer anti roll bar will help.

if you jack your car up on one side and have a look at the gap between the arch and the tyre, you don't want a big gap what you see when you jack up your car on one side is what happens when you take a corner hard and fast, the less of a gap you can get the less of a roll the car will make.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts