BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving my E36 318iSE, every time I hit a bump or small pot hole on my nearside front the car violently jumps to the left, and as you can gather it is really worrying me. I need the car for getting to work so does anyone know what this could be and how I could sort it. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Does the car make any excessive rattling/banging noises from the suspension components when this happens?

It may be as minor as getting the wheel alignemnt checked and adjusted if required. If its not the alignment, whilst its not a big or expensive job, you may be looking in the lines of a suspension bush or mounting etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the car make any excessive rattling/banging noises from the suspension components when this happens?

It may be as minor as getting the wheel alignemnt checked and adjusted if required. If its not the alignment, whilst its not a big or expensive job, you may be looking in the lines of a suspension bush or mounting etc.
It does make some banging when it bumps or pot holes. Should I get the tracking checked first or does that sound more like a bush or the mounting

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Check the rear trailing arm bushes out, front suspension lower control arm bushes and rear shock top bushes out.

Rear trailing arm bushes being knackered will give you a loose feeling when at speed or going round a corner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.