BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On the ever lengthening quest to rid all of the faults and niggles from my car, I moved onto the N/S/F Electric Window today, after popping to the local BMW Stealer for the Window Regulator Clips. I thought it would be a good idea to get 4 and replace them in both the N/S/F and O/S/F windows.

The N/S/F window just seemed to lurch forward and fall out of the rubber seal, causing the glass to elevate on the outside of this, thus leaving a nice gap for the wind to whistle in whilst sticking to the speed limits...ahem...

The question is, after replacing these, the window still lurches forward out of the seal, what could be causing this? I've just spent the best part of £10 on parts the dweeb at the Stealership told me would fix the problem.

Answers on flying squirels would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, decided it would be a good idea to pick up a Haynes manual from Halflords/Halfrauds as they were the only one with it in stock for the year.

Will be having a look at this over the weekend between sorting the Clio out and my Jet Ski...why is it everything goes at the same time? I WAS in the middle of sorting my Vectra Estate out!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I had a similar problem on the girlfriends E36 318 sport compact. Everytime the window goes down the glass tilted and was a right git to get back in. It turned out to be the window regulator had bent. I got an new one from the dealer with all clips and fitted it. Then after a week the window tilted again. As the new regulator was under warranty the dealer inspected the car to see if it was a fitting fault or a problem with the regulator. When i picked the car up the window was all sorted free of charge and has been fine ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts