BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I just introduced myself in the introduction forum. But here is my beauty:

She is however making more and more low cracking / rattling noise when pulling away from a stationary position or when increasing speed from very slow moving situations. The sound is coming from the middle so my immediate worry is about the gearbox. I don't know if this makes sense or not and would definitely appreciate your advise on this.

Second issue I have is that from the driver side the air outlet at the front window and the upper air outlet on my left side of the steering wheel (I have a left side steering wheel) and probably also the outlet at the feet are all blowing very hot air when the RPM is higher than stationary (2000 RPM and up for example). All the other vents are blowing cold air coming from the airconditioning but these are just blowing very hot air. The hot air changes back to air conditioned cold air when the car is stationary for a while.
Any thoughts here are also appreciated.

Kind regards and wish me luck as I have some serious doubts about the quality of the car I have just bought.... :confused

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to give a final update on this. It was the driveshaft bearing that was completely loose, leaving the driveshaft hanging loose at the bottom of the car.

btw-> not sure if driveshaft is the name for this but I meant the rod coming out of the gearbox, going to the back of the car to drive the wheels there...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.