BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Firstly id like to appoligise for posting about this problem again but im still none the wiser and really want my car fixed.

As some may know my car wont rev passed 4000rpm, it just gets stuck like its hitting a limiter and doesnt even change gear until you come off the gas abit. Then every know and then it gets stuck in a gear and wont change up at but i have found that if you switch it to sports mode it changes straight away. Also when on the motorway if you come to a slight hill it jumps up and down a gear.

Ive had the codes read and it said i needed a maf and a crank sensor both of which ive now had changed as well as having the cam sensor changed and the gearbox serviced but its still no better.
Its getting to the point now where i really dont want to keep throughing money at a problem thats not getting fixed.
Is there anything ive missed here or anyone here that can spread any light on this situation.

As a final note the problem first moves to about 5500 rpm then pretty much disappears once the cars been driven for about 45 minutes

I was also wondering if there was anyone on here that could have would have a look at it or could recomend some one to me. Im in the south (hants) but will travel with in reason as im all out of ideas.

Again sorry to be posting this again......

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
errrr i dont know, would they do that as standard when they read the codes?
No I doubt it, if they were looking for your problem they should, I would have the engine, transmission, ABS and instrument cluster codes read.

The ABS sensor on the N/S/R does the speedo, it may be playing up hence the rev problem when moving only, If all of those ECU's have no codes then a auto electrician is going to be needed :frown

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ill make some enquiries about getting those read. I think its gonna be the car park in the sky if this doesnt work. Cant keep throwing money at a car that in reality isnt worth alot in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts