BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

on my 1995 e36... ive noticed the rubber seals around the lights are totally wearing out.. especially the rear lights.. they soak up all the water if it rains.

can anyone recommend any type of sealent that i could use on it.. that would then make it water proof and not let any water in..

maybe something from B & Q?

thoughts/recommendations?

cheers,

Iz

·
Registered
387 Posts
tiger seal mate it will stick anything together and its black, its like a rubber material and is £11 from autoquip etc, but im sure b&q will have somthing like it. ive used it for round windows before and door strips.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i will do bud...

quick question.. i will be using it to fill the gaps between my break lights and the body.. as the rubbers have completely worn down and so brittle.

will i need to completely remove that old rubber and fill with this or can i put this seal direct on top? only concern i have is .. if i put on top im guessing it may not stick as well :-S

please advise best options?

cheers

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yea tbh mate if it was me id get rid of the old crap and do it right with the seal so its all tight and water tight etc, a good tip is to lick ya finger and go round the seal so its nice and smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts