BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all whats the best suspension and brake upgrade for the e36 coupe, i have a 3.2 tha i will be doing ut for track use but occasionally will be used on the road, I have some koni adjustables on a 3.0 i am breaking which seemed good but looking to buy new and spend about £1000 on suspension and about the same on the brakes any ideas?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Hi all whats the best suspension and brake upgrade for the e36 coupe, i have a 3.2 tha i will be doing ut for track use but occasionally will be used on the road, i hav some koni adjustables on a 3.0 i am breaking which seemed good but looking to buy new and spend about £1000 on suspension and about the same on the brakes any ideas?
The stand eibach spring /bilstein shock combination is always good. Will cost around 600 - 800 notes :thumbsup

£1000 isn't much budget to upgrade an M3, a decent Brembo kit - calipers and discs (front only) start at around £1600 going up to nearly £3k. As always though, I recommend braided lines and a pad/fluid change and system bleed first - can make the world of difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks is the brembo kit for 3k front and back? is it a worth while upgrade as i dont mind spending that much as long as its a good upgrade?

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Thanks is the brembo kit for 3k front and back? is it a worth while upgrade as i dont mind spending that much as long as its a good upgrade?
Its a very good upgrade. Im not sure if its front and back but I would guess at front only.
You dont near rear brake upgrades though..

The best combination depends on your budget.

KW Variant 3 coilovers - about £1300 iirc for the set of four.

Whiteline anti roll bars front and rear

Powerflex urethane bushes all round (new BMW OEM subframe bushes)

Braided brake lines front and rear.

Race spec brake fluid (the most important bit)

You could always fit E46 M3 front calipers and get a mount adapter made up if they are not a straight swap.

Vented brake discs (size depends on calipers)

Padgid or other good make fast road/race pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts