BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. Please can some one give me some advice?

I'm new to the site and BMW's

OK had a good look around the site and i would like to know if anybody can help me to make her quicker !! ( on a budget ) :)

no seriously what are the best things to do to get better performance out of the old girl? :jaw-dropping

the car is a 95 318ti 153,000 miles sport's back box. Looks standard under the bonnet! ( we to me but i am no expert ) it just seams a little flat when you give it some down the back roads.. Apart from 3rd gear! 3rd gear is better it pull's nice and accelerates ok.

I’m thinking

1, re map
2, K&N Air Filter ( I have heard they may not be as good as the original BMW air filter ? )
3, new oil
4, get the fuel injectors cleaned
5, New spark Plugs

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would first check that the engine side is healthy and has no sensor issues, i.e lambda or cam sensor problems e.t.c, also check your engine breather pipes and induction pipes out for any splits, if these are all good then it would be worth getting the fault codes read for the engine to see if there are any underlying problems, if all fine then crack on with the mods as you will see better potential than you would if you had some sensor problems or split pipes.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would advise on not using a performance filter that is oiled, :thumbsup

check the induction pipes e.t.c out for splits as it is something you can do easy enough, then get the codes read if you feel like there may be a problem there.

·
Registered
773 Posts
yea i would just use the standard box mate they are good empty box anyway and at least it will be protected from heat . just upgrade the panel filter . not much gain on the engine size to do an air induction . on the compacts they put iridium sparks in anyway and dont need changing. just do good oil change and oil filter and just panel filter upgrade and put the money to prob a remap where you would see more for your money . if you want speed mate change your car to a bigger engine i did what you was going to do and after i did it all i prob lost power. i had the same car so take my advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.