BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might be a question asked before, but search didnt return anythin.
I went on the castrol website and asked which oil for my car ('95[N] E36 328i coupe, 68k) and it gave me 2options;
>Recommended- Edge Sport 0w-40;
>Alternative- Magnatec 10w-40.

Ideally i'd go for the Recommended, but considerin my car's got 68k on it now, cud 0w-40 be a little thin for it?
Or shud i just add 10w-40?

My thoughts are to use the edge sport, n if i get any leaks, i'll change it over to 10w-40 later on. Unless there's any reason to say not to, n just to use the magnatec in the first place. Bearing in mind, im not sure which oil the last owner used.

Cheers,
Baz.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate. £40 a bottle is a bit much for oil...for me, anyways.lol. not like the 4litres of magnatec i use on my prelude.
10w-40 it is then. but is yours a 328 as well?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i agree on 60 bein too thick. i wudnt even use that on my prelude. I'll try the 5w-30 if it aint too dear. if not, i'll just stick to the magnatec. unless any1 knows of a fully synthetic 10w-40?
I usually change my oil every 3-5 thousand miles, so im good on that front, but i think i'll make it every 5-6 thousand on this1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.