BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in the title really and as I'm metal fabricator so I thought I would give ago

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one and does anyone know the diameter of the rose bushes upper and lower On the rear?

thanks stk and does anyone know the diameter of the hole the bush goes into?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Did some of these today, see here for pics, if you need me to I can get the dimensions of our tool at work.

(Just coming)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be nice mate as i can knock up a cheap set rather than paying £180+ i may even knock up a few sets a give one to the forum for rental???

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems pretty easy to make and i cant believe its so dam expensive for one I do admit the one i will make wont look as fancy as i dont have a cnc machine or a lathe in my room here i have soe 10mm thick plate some ali tube and 1.5m long stainles solid 1" bar and some 10mm threaded bar and 2 blocks (square) solid stainless enough i think to make 3 maybe 4 sets.

If you could get me the measurments point to point I would be in your debt :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To bring up a old thread did you manage to get the measurments off your work tools mate?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
football pitch mate :D

SlowTech those measurements are very precise and im very yorkshire ill slap em over to mm which they already are but simplified as im a really simple person lol if you could grab your measurments aswel Ronnie it will be good to compare them and luckily i have some M12 bar here aswel

Reactions: w4vy

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Removal "washer" 59.6mm outside diameter. 12.5mm centre hole going all the way through.

20mm thickness(including ridge, ridge is machined 5mm into washer.).

Ridge 30mm wide running centrally the whole diameter. Ridge is 5mm deep as mentioned earlier.

Same side as the ridge there is a 27mm diameter hole machined in centrally, 5mm depth.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its only a small bush then no wonder the perish so quickly ill have a little play on cad and ive just pm'd a friend on face book who has a engineering shop with all the proper tools to see if he can knock one up for me ive sent over measurments forSlowtechs and yours Ronnie to see what he can do

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Big washer. 75mm diameter. 12.5mm centre hole all the way through.

24mm thickness.

65mm diameter hole machined centrally in on one face, 12mm deep.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Reactions: w4vy

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
"legged" washer.(bit that looks like a 2 legged table:)rofl)

80mm diameter. 12.5mm centre hole all the way through.

"table" is 60mm high. Table top is 15mm thick.(making legs 45mm long!)

Leg external thickness is 20mm.

other leg thickness is 8mm.

Will clear anything up later. Work to do!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts