BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(SOLVED) 1995 E36 328i se Saloon - Wiring and Alarm issues after fitting Auto-Dim Mirror

Right I decided to fit this....

Sparkys or who know everything lol please tell me why after I wired it up - every time I lock and alarm the car... 5 seconds later it goes off for no reason and also the main light for the interior dont work even though the bulb/led looks fine...

I'll show you the wiring... and how I done it...

everything is off

Here you can see the wires

Now here is the interior light wired with the Auto-dim mirror... and then I put the brown wire to the other brown wire to ground it out (Cant see that tho)

Then all finished...

Like I said... I alarm it and it goes off WTF please someone help me...

EDIT*** I forget to mention that the Auto-dim works!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Did you just twist wires together with your fingers?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yes... I don't have a solder gun or anything like that...
A soldering iron is a lot cheaper like £5 to £10. Go get one.

Sounds like something is not working as intended probably due to reistance in the connections or a break - which explains the light out. You could have common earthing or all sorts of problems. Alarm probably going off due to a voltage drop.

You could always use crimp on connectors to join the wires instead of soldering. And if soldering get some heat shrink.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right... also just to add... my angel eyes on the NS dont work and niether do my tail lights :S

Fuse 33 (10A) has blown...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to confirm it was the 10amp fuse that was the issue... Cheers to E36Coupe328i for your help! and so quickly! :thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts