BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

does anyone know how to disconnect the inertia reel from the seat. i couldnt see properly as the light was pretty bad. plus i wasnt sure what i would be disconnecting!

also if anyone has any guides or how to's foor dismantling purposes that would be a great help

Cheers

Morgan

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
What part of the seat are you trying to remove?

I presume you are asking about the front seats:hihi If you just want to remove them then it's just 2 bolts on the rear of the seat ( to gain access just pull the seat right the way forward) and two nuts on the front (push the seat right the way back):thumbsup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What part of the seat are you trying to remove?

I presume you are asking about the front seats:hihi If you just want to remove them then it's just 2 bolts on the rear of the seat ( to gain access just pull the seat right the way forward) and two nuts on the front (push the seat right the way back):thumbsup
yeah. no worries i've got the seat actually removed from the floor but the seat belt is still attached at the bottom. i've not had a proper look yet at how to get the belt off the seat rails as yet. that was the pproblem i was having. tried to pull it out then spotted iit was still attached to the belt.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Having had more of these seats in and out now than i care to remember! The trick is to have the seat fully forward on the runners, partially lift the seat out and rest it carefully on the sill trim inside the car and you will be able to see exactly where the belt bolts on the bottom of the seat rail, it's held on by a round torx headed bolt I think between T40 and T50 in size. Be sure to hang onto the seat as you undo the bolt though as the bolt is quite tight and responds well to a good bang with the palm of your hand on your ratchet handle to undo (being carefull not to let the torx bit slip and damage the bolt!) and can very easily send the seat flying backwards in the car possibly damaging trim!!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Having had more of these seats in and out now than i care to remember! The trick is to have the seat fully forward on the runners, partially lift the seat out and rest it carefully on the sill trim inside the car and you will be able to see exactly where the belt bolts on the bottom of the seat rail, it's held on by a round torx headed bolt I think between T40 and T50 in size. Be sure to hang onto the seat as you undo the bolt though as the bolt is quite tight and responds well to a good bang with the palm of your hand on your ratchet handle to undo (being carefull not to let the torx bit slip and damage the bolt!) and can very easily send the seat flying backwards in the car possibly damaging trim!!

Ah gotcha now:thumbsup

My coupe seat belt attaches to the body close to the rear seat. Forgot this must be different on the saloon:duh

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice one. i can give that a try tomorow morning. i could not find and bolts on the top of it as it is shrouded.

willl try that method though.

cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah gotcha now:thumbsup

My coupe seat belt attaches to the body close to the rear seat. Forgot this must be different on the saloon:duh
i didnt get much chance to look at it today as i had been up the auctions all day!

but this dismantling business is wicked fun!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
It's no problem, glad to know my help is appreciated! by the way the shroud won't have to be removed as the bolt is below it and if anyones interested compact and coupe seats fit in saloons without a problem as long as you remove the slotted section in the shroud that the belt mount plate slots through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts