BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new genuine crank and cam sensors fitted, runs great. the weird thing is that now the engine is much quieter, it used to sound a bit rattly when it warmed up, but now the noise is gone. could it have been sensor related?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
If the camshaft sensor was knackered then the car would run with batch firing of the fuel injectors, instead of sequential fuel injection, hence the injectors being more noisy, giving you a more "tappy" noise. :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
if your cam sensor goes your injectors sequentialy fire, ie all at the same time every stroke, so the tapping noise could be that!
was you getting poor mpg and a strong smell of fuel from the exhaust?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know the codes mate sorry. i just assumed the sensors were faulty, lucky guess:thumbsup the crank sensor was non genuine so wantesd to change that anyway.

it was a pig to start sometimes, dowv on power, noisey uneven idle, occasional loss of power even when driving.

not sure which sensor sorted it out though:hihi as i changed them both at the same time. but the difference is unbeleivable, like a different car sounds well,goes well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts