BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im looking to possibly replace my n/s/f fog lamp with an air duct for an enclosed induction kit. I have a m-tech bumper, is their any direct aftermarket replacements or do i have to bodge a universal duct in?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi,
Im looking to possibly replace my n/s/f fog lamp with an air duct for an enclosed induction kit. I have a m-tech bumper, is their any direct aftermarket replacements or do i have to bodge a universal duct in?
Whats wrong with taking the air feed from where it is being taken from now?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think that id be beter off with a k&n pannel filter in the original airbox or with something like a cda? bearing in mind i do like a bit of induction roar, especialy above 4k!

·
Administrator
4,221 Posts
I have always been off the opinion that BMW put a lot of thought into their designs and that it would be difficult to better their engineers. I'd be concerned of driving through puddles/small floods if I relocated the air intake that low down.

Personally, i'd probably just debaffle the airbox. If you like noise have you done the golf-tee mod to the exhaust valve yet?

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
39 Posts
Totally agree with Ian S about the puddles. Worst thing happens and you'd get a nice bit of hydrolock. Just what the doctor ordered!! Dont put it too low.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice. my airbox will be going back on and il be investing in a hi flow pannel filter. It sounded gd before with the silencer pipe taken out of the airbox. and yes i have done the golf tee thing.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
bmw do put alot of thought into their designs, but they still have to answer to an accountant.
i've seen systems that better the M3's original inducton system,
and to be frank, the system designed for my e46 320d is PANTS :jaw-dropping
its on the other side of the engine, sitting in a hot location, and the air filter only gets dirty on one side, because it only gets fed from one side.:mad
i've looked around but nobody can help.
i cant be bothered to BODGE one,
its a BMW not a honda/ford.. ! :lol
bmw's seem to use all the space in that general area

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Thanks for the advice. my airbox will be going back on and il be investing in a hi flow pannel filter. It sounded gd before with the silencer pipe taken out of the airbox. and yes i have done the golf tee thing.
There's a silencer pipe in the airbox?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.