BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Im in desperate need of some help, i bought an E36 yesterday and lastnight the barrell went :jaw-dropping !! it rotated 360 degrees putting the ignition on in the process!!!when it had completed its rotation it jammed and wouldnt go either forwards or backwards!! but i could still pull the key out! after spending an hour on sainsburys forecourt calling lock smiths and recovery companies, i had a brain wave !! beacuse the ignition was on then i could bump start it!lol (not a good look)

when i got home i forced the key fairly hard and now it turns the distance that it should but without any of the clicks or infact without any ressistance at all!!

i have tried the paperclip thing into the cut out in the barrel but its just not happening.

if anyone has any advice on how to get it out, or if you can recommend some where i can purchase all the bits im going to need it to sort it, it would be a great help.

Cheers. :thumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ye i saw that earlier thanks :)

They make it look easy so easy in in the clip !mind you, they wernt attempting it in subzero conditions with a slight hangover haha.thanks for suggesting it tho ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had the same problem i changed the hole ignition mite be the long way round tho, if you put a second hand ignition make sure you get the ring, the control box that the ring connects to, ews box, and main ecu, then it will fire straight up, as i said it is the long way round

·
Registered
46 Posts
I get this every now and then, i find wiggling the steering wheel and putting the steering lock on seems to solve it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for your suggestions everyone :) i have a second hand barrel and key coming tommorow with a bit of luck. Im guessing that if i take the immobilisor chip out of my key and place it into the key that i get with the barrell all should be well and i will be mobile again :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts