BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Thinking of losing the rear spoiler on my coupe due to looking different to others but other mates of mine think its part of what makes the car and will lose a certain sense of style that comes with the coupe.

Do i keep the spoiler but by a slightly different style to mine?

just have a lip spoiler which i quite like?

none at all?
car as it stands

hoping to lower it loads more at some point soon and fell in love with this look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zebbz/4103354978/in/set-72157622801393988/

Any views either way as i want to be different to others out there and incorporate my own ideas too as i have loads of other thoughts in mind for it at the moment

·
Registered
387 Posts
with spoiler on a coupe, ive got a saloon with a coupe spoiler on so wen i can find the cash for a new boot then spray it im not gunna have the soiler as saloons look better without them.

Reactions: Spirit

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Right took the plunge today and did a swop with fellow forum member ferret for a non spoilered boot and i am very pleased and will upload some pics soon after i fit my m3 door strips sat and polish the car again but here is an idea of the look i am aiming for

http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/cars_large/21368_28196.jpg

Huge thanks to ferret and his mate for swopping them over for me,cheers guys

·
Registered
387 Posts
That looks sexy now mate its what i wanna do get rid of my spoiler. it looks 100% better imo.

Reactions: Spirit

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I prefer the no spoiler look tbh. It's just finding a bootlid in the right colour, too much hassle filling holes and spraying. Defo looks better in my opinion.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I prefer the no spoiler look tbh. It's just finding a bootlid in the right colour, too much hassle filling holes and spraying. Defo looks better in my opinion.
Tell me about it, montrealblue is hard to find in bootlids so i might just fill and spray mine.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I think in a lot of cases, if the paint is good, stick with what you got.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was so lucky in that a fellow forum member wanted a bootspoiler and i wanted to lose mine,same paint code and both good condition bootlids so just a case of swopping them over and we both got what we wanted without all the hassle of filling holes etc plus saved me pounds for other stuff.

got a problem with my m3 door trim though-all new grommets fitted apart from the front drivers wing arch end clip which is broke and no clip will now fit it so now only 2 clips hold it was just wondering if anyone has used a heavy duty double sided tape or glue to full secure there m3 trim as in parts some of the others look like they could be a little tighter?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts