BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

After a slide around a roundabout on my way home from work, there is a knocking sound coming from the rear of the car.

I dident hit anything, the car just went sideways because of my heavy right foot.

I am guessing it could be the rear trailing arm bushes after searching a few posts.

Its knocking over bumps and seems a little unstable around corners and the rear wheels seem to slip a little more than they used to under acceleration.

Any advice you have would be great as I cant get under the car until Saturday

Cheers
Kenny

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Cheers for the update kpeter20, you had the work done then, how much did it end up costing you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont mind at all.

A garage I use in Leigh provided and fitted for £103

I might usually try something like this myself but I have my kids at weekends and we aint getting the weather to be messing about at the mo!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You wouldnt want to be doing RTA bushes yourself without the correct tool. Its a right PITA.

Rear of e36 commonly fail on, RTA bushes, Top mounts, Rear springs snapping, and early ones can rip the rear subframe out of the floor.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Dont mind at all.

A garage I use in Leigh provided and fitted for £103

I might usually try something like this myself but I have my kids at weekends and we aint getting the weather to be messing about at the mo!
Very good price :thumbsup

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have used the garage for a while now.

BPA in Leigh - 01942 607392

I would recommend them to anyone in that area.

Always been able to fit the car in the next day if I have called, they take time to explain what they are doing, give you accurate quotes and are generally nice blokes and they are very reasonable with their prices and have all the diagnostics for BMW's

Last time I had work done they Diagnosed a busted Thermostat so I got a new Stat fitted and a full coolant system flush for £98.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts