BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know what some people are gonna say but i have a old(well new as i never fitted to an old car)universal induction kit i was gonna fit to my 328i but it appears my largest reducer is only 76 mm but by the looks of it i need at least 80mm to fit over and clamp tight like oem fitments,its only temporary till i find the finances for a dave f kit so dont rag on me about heat displacement and all that malarky as i miss the induction sound of previous cars so will it fit before i lose my rag with it or just get a 80mm reducer from somewhere?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure on the exact measurment but i could not get the reducer that came with mine to fit, it must be larger than most standard fitments.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right had a go and bodged the universal one to fit to try it out and tried an old k/n induction kit i had as well plus debaffled my original air box so tried that too after fitting new panel std filter

universal one-deep roar bit no real whistle sound but a bit more go lower down but little bit of loss midrange

k/n induction kit-more vocal and felt better but low down and mid range no real change but noise wise -lovely

std airbox with original filter-std really and nothing special

std air box with new panel oem filter and debaffled-miles more noise than std and the car picked up really well and more midrange grunt but i have to admit i prefer the k/n

obviously i didnt do nothing to shield the hot air as it was just a test to see the difference and a dave f kit would be miles better but at the moment the new filter in a debaffled box just gets it

X

·
0 Posts
I had to fit a extra reducer to mine as it was a universal kit with only a 3inch pipe.
I would fit your original intake snorkel so it faces that blue hose at the front of your induction kit, it will allow cold air to enter the filter easier for better performance :thumbsup

X

·
0 Posts
What did you do to debaffle the standard box? I'm thinking of just replacing the standard filter with aftermarket (any recommendations?)
If you take the air filter out there is a section of plastic inside the air box, I think it looks like a box ( sorry I cant remember ) It will be next to where the air is sucked in from the front of the car. Remove this and fit a K&N panel filter :thumbsup
There should be a write up some where?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quick update on what's what,now running a induction kit taken off a modified mgzr rover turbo but now crushed and fits like a glove and sounds great throughout the rev range especially on full chat so well happy for now but hopefully I can persuade gunner1 to make me one of his heatshields to shield it from the engine heat plus make it more visually pleasing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts