BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
purchased my first BMW a week last sunday, 328i Coupe, its a 1995 so obviously im expecting a few issues and here they are if anyone can help:

Drivers side and Passenger side windows when they are on the way up, sometimes they have a mind of there own and go back down, I end up fighting with the buggers to go back up.

Rear drivers side window, electric window that goes outwards, passenger side works, drivers side doesnt, strange?

Driving in low gears, the car sometimes feels like its stuttering, once warm no issues. Not really an issue as such but I noticed it the other day. Could it just be a service jobby?

And the big pain, when I get in the car to start it, sometimes it wont start, I have to move the key to the position before, press the key fob and then it starts, sometimes it does this and other times it doesnt. Any idea's?

Apart from this, shes a fantastic running car, done 105k and is such a good drive.

Much appreciated if anyone could help or point me in the right direction.

James

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
sounds like you need a new window regulater...common enough fault on the coupe/cabrios.
the cold stutter might well be improved by a good service...if not,suspect a camshaft sensor might be to blame
no idea about your intermittant starting fault...does sound immobiliser related though.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Ideally you need to have the fault codes read of the DME(ECU), should be your first port of call.

You could also check over the engine for any air leaks that would allow unmetered air to enter into the engine/inlet manifold.I would be checking for any air leaks first from split hoses, split vacuum pipes, split engine breather pipes or split induction pipes, also any valves and diaphragms that may have failed. Any air that is sucked into the engine should travel past the Air flow meter.

As for the windows you should try lubing up the window runners/rubbers with some silicon spray and the guides also with some light grease. Does the window go up evenly/squarely in the frame?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Ideally you need to have the fault codes read of the DME(ECU), should be your first port of call.

You could also check over the engine for any air leaks that would allow unmetered air to enter into the engine/inlet manifold.I would be checking for any air leaks first from split hoses, split vacuum pipes, split engine breather pipes or split induction pipes, also any valves and diaphragms that may have failed. Any air that is sucked into the engine should travel past the Air flow meter.

As for the windows you should try lubing up the window runners/rubbers with some silicon spray and the guides also with some light grease. Does the window go up evenly/squarely in the frame?
Sound advice as always:thumbsup

The windows will go back down if they hit a stiff/sticking point, same reason that they will if you were to put your hand in the way when they were going up:thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.