BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi again starting to loose faith now,as iv had so many problems,now she wont start,yesterday i took the wife to the doctors and waited out side with car ticking over happy,she came out the doctors got in the car and she just stalled,so i thought anyway,tried starting her and nothing,,turns over etc but she just wont start,,had to get toad back by the AA,
had a look over her today noticed cam shaft sensor was dodgy so changed that and still nothing,any body got any idea what so ever because im ripping my hair out over this car lately,,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all terminals are fine,loads of life in battery,turns over etc just wont fire,and no inspection lights or anything either,and yh looks like im gona have to have another diagnostic,no car again for me,,i start a new bloody job tomorrow as well,talk about a good impression turning up in a bloody taxi

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bit of an update,,by passed fuel relay today to make sure it wasn't the pump,,all worked fine,plugged relay back in turned key fuel pump primes fine so not a relay issue or fuel issue

·
Registered
351 Posts
hi , can you hear the injectors ticking when cracking the car over ? you might have to pull the engine cover off and put a long scew driver on the injector ad the handle part in you ear , it helps to hear it ticking . if you dont here the injectors injecting then check your DME relay .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i been playing around again today as it actually stopped snowing,and determined im getting no spark,anybody got any more idea;s

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yh i can hear injectors just about but as i said just im getting no spark a any of the plaugs so it seems

·
Registered
952 Posts
if ur getting no spark it could just be ur starter motor get a used but tested one and try that or could be ur coil pack has gone

·
Registered
351 Posts
if hes getting no spark its not your starter motor , when you have tested for a spark , have you had all the coils out with a spark plug in the end of the coil resting the spark plug on the earth point of the engine ? , if you still have no spark , unclip the coil from the loom and check all three terminals one should be 12volts with the ignition on , if there is no 12v at that plug the fuze is blown for the injectors . if there is 12 volts with the ign on we will move on to some thing else , as the crank shaft sensor can also give this fault .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if hes getting no spark its not your starter motor , when you have tested for a spark , have you had all the coils out with a spark plug in the end of the coil resting the spark plug on the earth point of the engine ? , if you still have no spark , unclip the coil from the loom and check all three terminals one should be 12volts with the ignition on , if there is no 12v at that plug the fuze is blown for the injectors . if there is 12 volts with the ign on we will move on to some thing else , as the crank shaft sensor can also give this fault .
hi gun slinger yes tested with an earth,did exactly like i did on my lexus just no spark on any of the plugs,and yh theres a 12v current on one connection as you mention,and i did change the crank sense,altho it was a second hand one,but it came off a running car,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts