BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, should the led be off when the car is running? it seems to flick on and off intermitantly. i dont have the fob for the car and the wires for the alarm in the passengers side under glove box are cut by PO so not sure whats actually been done, just left alone as it seems to work.
but now the light has started flicking on and off im worried its gonna strand me somewhere:confused

·
Registered
74 Posts
Personally mine has never flickered on and off when i am in the car and it's deactivated.. it only flashes when the alarm is activated..

·
Registered
272 Posts
If wires have been cut, why not then remove all the alarm and associated wiring from the car. Then you could get a new after market alarm fitted if you wanted to. Alternatively, you could always reconnect the wiring, and get yourself a remote from a dealer, and get it all working again.
Also, the LED should not flash or flicker when car is running, only when alarm has been arned.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
As has been said, the alarm LED should not 'flicker' !

But don't worry about being stranded - The alarm is individual to the EWS !

Billy will be along shortly :rofl

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think the wires have been cut with the alarm activated as if i reconnect them the hazzards come on, like io said, i dont have a fob so cant de activate it. think i might just rip it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts