BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my car used to pull to the left very slightly but it wasn't bad enough to be troublesome but now I got 15" wheels instead of 17 on the front and the problem has more than tripled! took it to garage as i thought it was just tracking but they said it's something else. cos they had the wheels on low friction plates and when you turn to the right the steering spins back to the middle?? and turn left and it doesn't. i'm very confused and it's very hard to drive! anyone with ideas?
cheers

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
147 Posts
Did the garage doing tracking not give you any indication what it may be? As above something sounds bent, are knocks when driving round?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did the garage doing tracking not give you any indication what it may be? As above something sounds bent, are knocks when driving round?
he said to take it to a mechanic... JJ alignment told me to go to JJ mechanics. JJ mechanics said he had no idea what was causin it. said he'd need to take all bits apart to find out so i was like thanks anyway. i said maybe the castor is messed up but they don't even know what that is so i'm never goin there again lol. it turnt out to be beacuse i had 55 profile tyres on one side of the rear and 60 on the other side rear! woohoo. :rofl
cos i swapped em over and it turns right :lol
it probably springs back to the centre from right though, may just be how it is when the steering rack is under no load at all

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just FYI, you know its illegal to have 2 different tire sizes on the same Axel, you may want to get it changed ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts