BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right read problems about this before but couldnt find a difinative answer (im blind tho lol), I got some genuine bmw red/clear clusters of ebay fitted them tonite and onvthe passenger side rear cluster the outside stop go light doesnt work but everything else does, Fuses and bulbs fine but the loom plug on the car seems to have one less power cable goin into it so should it be a case of just bridging a power wire to that or not?

thanx in advance :)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
A20 had this problem as well, you will need to find out which wire on your car loom does the brake light and then try following the wires on your new light and see which does the stop light on there, IIRC A20 then swapped the wires

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking at it again tonite is the inner light ment to be the stop lights and the middle side light and the outter side and fog ? as thats the way they are now with the new lights in.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The inner lights are brake lights,
the outer lights and middle lights are side lights,
the fog is on the Offside(drivers side) outer

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent thank you all i need to do is bridge the inner side light to the outer side light on the passenger side rear cluster and ill have a full house then :) thanks for the help.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Excellent thank you all i need to do is bridge the inner side light to the outer side light on the passenger side rear cluster and ill have a full house then :) thanks for the help.
Sorry I missed this thread, How did you get on with your wire tracing and bridging?

Did you sort the problem?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah just took the live feed from the side light that had power and ran it into the other one job done nice and easy :)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Nice one, easily done too:hihi

I'll amend the title to read (FIXED):thumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts