BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there people, i have recently bought this car from a mate, and he only had the grey key (which i think is the valet key)
he didn't know it had an alarm fitted and had never had a remote for it, however whilst camping, the battery went flat on me, causing the alarm to start going off, now i had no means of turning it off so had to silence the siren and switch off the hazard lights too ! quite a bit of a headache for my first bmw ! after reading bits and bobs on this forum i have a few questions.
firstly, how do i know which remote to buy for it and where from ?
secondly, where can i get a new master key and chip ? is it dealer only ?
i am on a pretty tight budget so really want to avoid dealer prices if possible :eek

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
can anyone please tell me if this is the remote i'm looking for ? item number 320727434274 on ebay
getting desperate now :frown

thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I believe you can get reprogrammed keys from your local BMW dealer. As for the alarm, just have it disconnected from a local alarm company.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i managed to disconnect the alarm myself, i was hoping to get it back up and running tho, plus i really want to avoid main dealer prices for the keys, was looking to do it on the cheap if poss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts