BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1995 E36 320i convertible starting problems

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Ronnie 
#1 ·
Hi i wonder if anyone could help?
I bought an e36 320i cab in may last year. Took me ages to find the car i wanted. Its done 100k miles, automatic, m3 mods and looks well for its age. The problem i have is that it starts first time but takes around 5-8 seconds to start every time unless i switch the engine off and restart it within a couple of minutes. I also have to start it every time with my foot on gas otherwise it wont start. I have had it serviced recently and that didnt help so i took it to a mates garage and he plugged it into his computer and it comes up with ECU MEMORY FAULT FAULT CODE 200? he said he doesnt know what this means. As i have spent alot of money on the car since i bought it i really dont want to take it to another garage in order to be told its an expensive job when it might be a plug that needs replacing or something simple! Can anyone help pls if they have had a similar fault thanks Rik

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.