BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guys,

I have had a look around but cant seem to find a solution, ive got myself a 95' 320i se 5dr saloon, and it seems to have an idle problem

When the car is standing on idle, it runs ok (sometimes its a little hesitant, like its just a bit lumpy where its too low) but the main problem i have is that whenever i either blip the throttle, or say dip the clutch at a junction it just cuts out!

Restarts fine, no problems, no cels or any other warnings apparent. The problem came on (i think) this afternoon when i blipped it by the tb lever rather than the pedel itself - i thought perhaps the idle control had been changed by the crew thats at the end of the throttle cable, but checked this and all seems fine.

It just idles, then drops, struggles, then dies - over about 3 seconds

Thanks for any suggestions :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks stk - is it possible that if a hose from the airbox/intake system was loose or off this could cause the problems?

As im not sure whether my hands are just too fat and may have knocked something off when i was playing :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great, thanks i saw the DIy on that a second ago, think i'll be having a look into that too - it just seemed odd to me that it was fine, then once i pulled the throttle cable it suddenly popped up. - thanks for all your suggestions & help guys, i'll look into it and get back to you

(sidenote: im a moderator for another car brand forum, have to say you guys are top notch!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FIXED!

Me being a first class plank -

The breather hose that comes off the main induction line after the MAF sensor has corroded, and where it joins to the next section of hose it had come off

Quick cable tie both ends of the hoses together and wallah! Its back to perfect!

Once again, thanks for such great advice & help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
may be airflow mass unit could be playing up.
try this link i found not too expensive really try pipes first if still no joy sensor could be sticking flow meter .http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-AIR-FLOW-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a672412d
I would just say that its best to buy genuine sensors-more expensive but they will work.Too many times we say this but people still buy the cheap sh*t then start a thread saying I bought this cheap sh*t but it doesn't work :frown

And well done for fixing your problem E36 lover :thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts