BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my standard system is becoming more and more like a seive now and a standard replacement is about £150 so i've looked around and found these Sportex systems,they come with a variety of different tailpipes and are the same price as a standard and come with a 30 month guaruntee,dont want to spend £250-300 on a scorpion really so wondered if anyone's had a sportex before?

if so do they sound ok,i want deep bass rather than raspy and noisy as i'm not a market square hero,are they ok?

cheers :thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Not a brand I've ever had any dealings with I'm afraid:frown

Hopefully another member will be able to advise:thumbsup

Do you have a link you can post up:thumbsup

·
Registered
851 Posts
I had one on my corsa.. along with a Remus straight through centre section..
I loved it at the time but in hindsight was a bit loud ....

Reactions: SambaCasual

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
seems mental to spend the same amount on a standard crappy timax system!
I couldn't agree more:thumbsup

I think that you may have to bite the bullet and go for it:thumbsup

Look forward to hearing your views on it once fitted:cool

·
Registered
438 Posts
for a cheap standard system you can get them for online automotive.
enter 'BH25' in the promo code area at checkout for 10% off all exhausts before 9am tuesday, its a bank holiday promo at the mo.
i just fitted a rear section from them and it only took about 20 mins, good fit and sounds nice to. smoothed out a flat spot i was getting between 4.5 and 5k revs too. cost about £60 for the rear silencer.

as for sportex i had one on a metro and all i can say is get some ear plugs for motorway trips. to be fair there is not much floor sound deadening on a metro but sitting at 70 on a motorway for 180 miles wasnt very fun. got to 75 and it went a lot quieter though.
they are well made exhausts and a good fit and gave a very deep throaty sound but loud. sure there will be some vids on youtube if you search sportex.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had a sportex system on my first car (mk2 golf 1.6 driver) as it was cheaper than a standard system.
As other people have said they are pretty loud! Deep sound, but would be too nosey for me these days.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for a cheap standard system you can get them for online automotive.
enter 'BH25' in the promo code area at checkout for 10% off all exhausts before 9am tuesday, its a bank holiday promo at the mo.
i just fitted a rear section from them and it only took about 20 mins, good fit and sounds nice to. smoothed out a flat spot i was getting between 4.5 and 5k revs too. cost about £60 for the rear silencer.

as for sportex i had one on a metro and all i can say is get some ear plugs for motorway trips. to be fair there is not much floor sound deadening on a metro but sitting at 70 on a motorway for 180 miles wasnt very fun. got to 75 and it went a lot quieter though.
they are well made exhausts and a good fit and gave a very deep throaty sound but loud. sure there will be some vids on youtube if you search sportex.

cheers for that mate but for the 318iS it's more than £60,dont know if yours is just a 318i? just found a place on ebay selling them new for less than OA:thumbsup

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive just fitted myself one this weekend, £64 of ebay brand new :0
not to noisey compared to the old thing i had on! straigt fix to the down to back section with all the mounts lineing up correctly!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Got one on my Ti,Its louder than the standard item but a lot quieter than the Ashleys I've had on the RS2000's or Capri's in the past

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.