BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 318is coupe and my lovely wife caught and badly dented the door on a wall.
I have managed to get a replacement door in the right colour, however its a bare door no electric window motor or glass.
I stripped the motor and regulator off the old door, however how do I get the glass out? there is a bracket attached to the glass that fixes to the slider. This bracket is attached from the other side of the glass, and I cant seem to get to it. I tried sliding the glass out but the gap is too small. Any help appreciated. :mad

·
Registered
2 Posts
E36 window regulator replacement, any tips???

Iv been having a big problem with the drivers side electric window on my e36 318 is coupe, the best thing i can think to do is replace the whole window regulator and motor, most people i ask about this job tell me to take it to a garage but i think it would be far too expensive so im going to attempt it myself, does anyone have any tips on what the best way of doing it??

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Take a few pictures of how the arms are fitted now - just for comfort sake. I had a few issues as the window went up it slipped out of the guide rails. Trial and error and it was okay. Other than that it went okay. I just bolted the unit back in - originally fitted with rivets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.