BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to go from anolouge this ???

to this? how hard if poss?? or are they 2 seperate things.. duh

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
I can't see the images you've posted as i'm at work, so i'll guess that you want to go from a manual climate, to auto climate ?

Not easy, but not the hardest to convert I believe.

You best read Billys guide - I'm sure he'll be along shortly to bollock you :rofl

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't see the images you've posted as i'm at work, so i'll guess that you want to go from a manual climate, to auto climate ?

Not easy, but not the hardest to convert I believe.

You best read Billys guide - I'm sure he'll be along shortly to bollock you :rofl
hahahah yea ive just found it.. but still confused on will mine have all the wireing already..lol but thats not suprising ,cause i no nothing.lol

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Biggest issue is that it involves removing the dash and entire heater box, which means draining coolant and air con gas.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
10 points for finding the guide, but 9 off for not looking before you posted the question!

For others looking at this thread here it is (scroll to bottom)...

[url]http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f3/e36-climate-control-air-conditioning-guide-plus-common-t58436/[/URL]

In answer to your question, no you won't have the wiring. You need the climate loom as it has all the wiring for the motorised flaps among other things. Best option is to fully remove an entire system from a scrap car that way you'll get everything.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10 points for finding the guide, but 9 off for not looking before you posted the question!

For others looking at this thread here it is (scroll to bottom)...

[url]http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f3/e36-climate-control-air-conditioning-guide-plus-common-t58436/[/URL]

In answer to your question, no you won't have the wiring. You need the climate loom as it has all the wiring for the motorised flaps among other things. Best option is to fully remove an entire system from a scrap car that way you'll get everything.
well im happy with the 1 point.lol. dont take that away from me:hihi good informative guide by the way..

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thread bump here but to answer the original question...yes :D

But don't bother unless you like a LOT of work lol

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thread bump here but to answer the original question...yes :D

But don't bother unless you like a LOT of work lol
i dont mind alot even hard work,only if i new 100% how to do it and confident. but im not so analogue it stays.:cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts