BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my car up on jack stands at the moment, both rear wheels are in the air. I put the car in gear so I could tighten the bolts on the half shafts but the wheels still rotated?? As far as I know I have the stock diff, shouldn't the wheels NOT spin while it's in gear? I read somewhere b4 posting here that if both wheels are in the air they will just spin in different directions? If i grab the prop shaft and spin it, it doesn't turn. IF i put the car in nuetral and spin the prop shaft it spins both wheels. Is it normal for me to be able to spin both back wheels freely while in gear? I'm getting to the point where I might part this car out and get a 325i.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Thats normal - Because you have an open diff', they will spin in opposite directions... If you spin the prop, both wheels will spin in the corrosponding direction !

While both wheels are the in the air, the only way to stop them is by handbrake !

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats normal - Because you have an open diff', they will spin in opposite directions... If you spin the prop, both wheels will spin in the corrosponding direction !

While both wheels are the in the air, the only way to stop them is by handbrake !
Ah dude, I love you.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
LSD's will make both wheels also spin in the same direction if i'm correct...

And Neal, he can't share the love with you - There's only enough for me :rofl :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
LSD's will make both wheels also spin in the same direction if i'm correct...

And Neal, he can't share the love with you - There's only enough for me :rofl :D
That's right mate...LSD will rotate wheels in same direction :thumbsup

And we can pass OP onto Raffa for that loving :rofl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts