BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all and a merry xmas :D:D

I saw a 4 door e36 on the net other day witch had been de-badged and had all the bump strips removed and the indicators re-moved from the wings is this hard to do and if you remove the bump strip what would you fill it in with:confused just wanted to find out what you all think i hav triyed to but a link to the site but it will not let me:mad

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Merry Christmas to you too shawzy41:D

I have seen this modification a few times, normally the recess that is left by removing the door moulding is filled with filler to make it flush with the rest of the door:thumbsup

This kind of work is best left to a professional working within a very reputable body shop. A shabby job will spoil the car and eventually need repairing time and time again:frown

What colour was the car out of interest?

Were the indicators moved up into the mirror?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi mate hope u ok

the car was a flip paint not a reg bm colour at all looked realy nice,not the norm at all had your front bumper on as well but no spots this is a look i would realy like to get so am thinking of finding more about it cost and all that just wanted to find out what the thought was on this look thanks agaim mate .

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
hi mate hope u ok

the car was a flip paint not a reg bm colour at all looked realy nice,not the norm at all had your front bumper on as well but no spots this is a look i would realy like to get so am thinking of finding more about it cost and all that just wanted to find out what the thought was on this look thanks agaim mate .

The result can look very appealing but I decided to not go for it in the early days due to it leaving the doors exposed to damage when opening next to walls or cars in car parks.

Let us know how you get on and be sure to post up pictures:thumbsup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a20 rym

thinking of doing it in the sumer would like to do it myself but will hav to look into it a bit more first,what do you think about the indicators being removed from the wings is this an mot fail or is it ok may be some one can let me know many thanks again

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Hi mate. As long as you have side repeaters there wont be a problem with the MOT. You have to have them, but built into the mirrors would be fine. All the new VW and mercs have them in the mirrors, so no probs with the MOT. :thumbsup

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi steve thanks for that mate problem is i hav just got some m3 mirrows that dont hav the indicators built in ,so will prob leave them in but remove the bump strip. I like the smooth look or i could leave the bump strip in place and colour code them?? would save a lot of time but i realy do like the smooth look who said car moding was easy thanks again mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.