BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi all I have recently got a full service done to the car and all was running well until I heard a noise when accelerating it sounds like a hole in the exhaust but when I brought it in to price an exhaust the guy said there was nothing wrong with my exhaust therefore it didn't need replaced. I am going to bring it to the mechanic within the week but I am looking some advice in what the noise could be. I know it will be hard to diagnose anything without hearing the noise but all I can say is it does sound like a hole I the exhaust and only sounds bad when accelerating in gear and not when idling.

All help appreciated

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1995 316 exhaust type noise

Hi thanks for the reply I can check for a leak but not sure what a cat is, it has a standard exhaust on it

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1995 316 exhaust type noise

Yes mate that works, from memory I don't have one of those but will check for it tomorrow before I bring it in to get checked for leaks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The air filter was replaced but what does on the skew mean and I can check it tomorrow.

Cheers

·
Registered
387 Posts
ive got a slight noise and i thought it was a hole or sumthin but its a joint near down pipe but its only slightly tho so see about the gaskets between all the joints, its got to be somthing small.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts