BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hiya i have a e36 coupe and it locked me out of the car. A few days ago it was working fine... the keyfob was working from long distance and everything and then the next days it just won't unlock. ive tried changing the battery even though its been working fine and still nothing. the doors and boot won't open with the keyand the key wont move at all in the lock, also i only just bought the car last monday and i never checked the locks with the key iv'e always used the keyfob button to open it. can anyone help me please as its anoying me that i got a new car and i can't even get in it haha. any help will be much apreciated :thumbsup
many thanks
Nefen

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
reminds of the time my car (focus) locked me out after i had started her up at dad's house. had to go home and get the spare while it sat there idling my petrol away (30 mins) master solenoid was the cuase on mine, might be the same on a beeemer

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Do you only have 1 key then? And that 1 key works in the ignition only right, not the doors or boot? Try fone the guy up you got the car from, ask him why the door and ignition are different. He may have an answer, i.e. faulty/spinning ignition barrel, and changed the barrel.

I think you'll have to call out the AA/RAC to have them come out and jimmy the door open for you. Then, either go to BMW and get a new key cut using the car's chassis number, and hopefuy, that will be the right key for the doors, and use your existing key for the ignition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies, ye it only has one key, works fine in the ignition, well ive never tried the doors and boot sinse ive been locked out by the keyfob button. ive tried phoning the guy and he wont answer his phone, ill keep trying like.

ye cool think ill try that then, sounds like the best way:) thank you charleynokia you just might be a lifesaver haha.
Nefen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts